Sunday, September 28, 2008

Face Your Problem

Q: My girlfriend has been telling me to get a facial. She says it will improve my complexion and make me look younger. I haven’t done it because I think it’s a total waste of money and I think it’s so gay. Am I right?
-- Richie, Quezon City

A: I’ve never been a fan of facials myself. Not for the reasons you site though, but I just don’t like my face being touched by a stranger; most especially if they are not a certified dermatologist. That said, though, I am an advocate of men taking care of their face and skin.
If you think about it, we need to be more conscious of facial care because of the tremendous stress we subject our faces to by shaving everyday and generally being more exposed to the sun, the elements (e.g. dust) and pollution vs. our lady loves.

Read between the lines, mister. It’s not about having a facial. What your girlfriend is really telling you is that you’re beginning to look old and weary. Since us men like the D.I.Y. (Do-It-Yourself) concept when it comes to fixing things, let me give you a simple D.I.Y. routine to rejuvenate your skin -- cleanse and moisturize at least twice a day. And, when you’re ready for the next level, you can throw in “exfoliate” in the process. I’m not there yet.

No comments: