Thursday, January 17, 2008

Anyhow



Okay, I know this has nothing to do with clothes and style, but I just have to share this with y'all. I got this flier from a new (and very no-frills) restaurant near our shop, wittingly called "Anyhow" (inihaw, get it?) so I tried it.

I didn't expect much so I was pleasantly surprised. I tried the tenderlion steak, you can't choose the doneness (i.e. it's only done one way), but it was tender enough. And, the gravy was very good! It can be "ulam" in itself. Yum! You have to try it to believe me.

What surprised me the most though was the sizzling litid. I do not normally eat "litid" or tendons, so I initially was not attracted to order it. But, the server said it was their specialty and insisted I gave it a try. My initial spoonful "tikim" was followed by another, and another, and another... there goes my cholesterol level. I still wouldn't eat litid -- EXCEPT if it's from Anyhow.

Now, just to stay in theme to what my blog is all about. What to wear when you go there? It's basically come-as-you-please. I'm still wondering though why their waiters wear cut-off jeans! I checked... they weren't on skates.

No comments: